We all get cravings for something delicious and I when this happens, I prefer to bake my own goods so I can control what goes into them. It does take some organization and planning ahead to have the ingredients, but the reason I chose this recipe was because I had mostly everything. The recipe I made was a combination of 2 other recipes I found online, they are linked at the bottom of this page for your reference. Here is my recipe, and I got to say, they turned out pretty delicious!
This recipe is for 2 LOAVES
2 cups spelt flour (Can use any flour you like)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 medium zucchinis
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 raw unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbs vanilla
1.5 tsp baking soda
2 pinches salt (I used Himalayan)
- Preheat Oven to 360 degrees
- Grease 2 loaf pans with coconut oil
- Grate zucchinis (I ‘grated’ them in a food processor). Wrap in paper towels or cheese cloth to squeeze out the water. Leave in paper towel to soak as much water as possible.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder
- In separate bowl beat together eggs, coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla
- Add applesauce, zucchini and chocolate chips to wet mixture
- Add dry ingredients to wet gradually. Careful not to overmix
- Divide mixture into both loaf pans, optional to add crushed pecans on top
- Bake for about 20 mins, check, do the toothpick test, bake for another 12-15 mins.
- Let the pans sit for about an hour before taking them out
Here are the 2 recipes I combined